Winners & Suggestions

NWRC's revised version of popular card game Texas Hold'em.
sledge4
Site Admin

Winners & Suggestions

Post by sledge4 »

Congrats to Rharfo for winning the 1st edition of the NWRC Hold'em contest.

1st Place = Rharfo (125 credits earned + 250 credits for winning + prize horse)
2nd Place = Ron (84 credits earned + 100 credits for runner-up)

Everyone else gets credits earned until they were eliminated or if you forgo the credits, I'll add it to the pot for next edition.
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
sledge4
Site Admin

Re: Winners & Suggestions

Post by sledge4 »

Now that the 1st run of this contest has ended, does anyone have suggestions?

More points per winning hand? Higher Prizes? Longer/shorter length of contest?

Definitely think i will up the final prize for finishing 1st or 2nd, seems like 184 credits for 10 weeks isn't worth it.

But live and learn!!
Rharfo
Journeyman

Post by Rharfo »

For my part Will, my ponies in the three barns used took an absolute hammering, due to the way i chose to play the game ... and as a result those stables involved suffered in almost every detrimental way they could in the grand scheme of the sim. Their formlines, their health, their ability to get any bp's at all from running and even their speeds have all waned.

Although winning the contest this time round, I think my winning percentage dropped to below 2% for the duration of this contest and horses that may have had a handy future, have been turned out to simulated pasture for what could be a decent spell. They will not be bringing in any bp's for the cause for a couple of months.

I guess what I am saying is that maybe the offering next time around might need to be a tad more generous, even if it is just doubling the hand points won when changing them into prize credits, that might make the payout for the total effort a bit closer to the mark.

Just my opinion, others may disagree completely.

Rharfo
Rharfo
Journeyman

Post by Rharfo »

And as for the spoils, could the credits please be placed in my 'rharfo' account please Will, and if I have the further fortune of a prize horse, could you please send Deep Sky to kiwi101 stable.

If he is taken, I will have Blues For Dixie.

Thanks,

Rharfo
kush618
Journeyman

Post by kush618 »

I'll forgo my credits.

This game is awesome! It was exciting til' the very end! As mentioned, more credits should be rewarded next time. I like what rharfo said "doubling the hand points won when changing them into prize credits", everyone get rewarded more. I'm down for the next Hold em match as soon as you can get it rollin again.

Thanks
Jarid
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

Prize horse transferred.
Rharfo
Journeyman

Post by Rharfo »