Josh's 2yo's

Share and discuss all aspects of the sim breeding and claiming game with fellow residents.
Hobby
Journeyman

Josh's 2yo's

Post by Hobby »

I like reading about other folks' youngsters, so I thought I'd post mine.

Current requirement to get posted: A 1st and 65+spf or a 2nd/3rd with a 70+spf.

I'm planning to up the requirements as the year goes on. Once a horse gets posted, I'll include their previous performances as well.

Brazen Beard(IRE) - (Lord Shanakill)
4638 - 3rd (64spf)
4694 - 2nd (67spf)
4736 - 1st (72spf)
This colt is by a first-year sire who I noticed was throwing some servicable runners. Had a solid first race on turf and that's where I'd expect him to stay....Second time out gives the sense that a win is not too far away....Picked up maiden win third time out looking fairly strong over 7f.

Glacial Ice(KY) - (Fusaichi Pegasus)
4638 - 2nd (65spf)
4694 - 1st (70spf)
4722 - 4th (71spf)
I have high hopes for this one. The debut wasn't startlingly good, but the dam is by Storm Cat and has produced multiple stakes winners, so I think this one is worth watching....Got a win in start #2 and hopefully will enjoy stretching out as longer races begin...Didn't run great against winners, but will get a longer try next time out.

Looks Like Gold(JPN) - (Fuji Kiseki)
4652 - 3rd (64spf)
4701 - 1st (74spf)
4729 - 3rd (72spf)
This colt was an end of week breeding by a sire I had noted as being underutilized. Went to the front and then faded slightly in his debut, but still pretty pleased for a shot-in-the-dark breeding....Broke his maiden in wire-to-wire fashion in start #2....Ran third against stakes competition last out, but didn't seem to like the shorter 5f distance.

Rampaging Turtle(KY) - (Zensational)
4666 - 1st (66spf)
4722 - 1st (78spf)
This Zensational filly turned in a very nice effort in her debut. The speed figure was solid and she won going away, which leaves me excited about what she may be able to accomplish in the future....She came up with another beauty of a race second time out, taking down an open allowance field. Her 78spf and convincing win have me thinking stakes next time out.

For A Ride(KY) - (Majestic Warrior)
4624 - 8th (54spf)
4680 - 2nd (71spf)
4729 - 2nd (68spf)
This gal seems to strongly prefer dirt over turf. Her closing second at 6f after the surface switch makes me think she might have a little potential in longer dirt races....She ran another hard-charging second. Next race will be over a longer distance, which should be interesting.

Removed due to new requirements: And It Spread and Settling Catan

New to the list:

Older Brother(WA) - (Russellthemussell)
4638 - 4th (64spf)
4694 - 4th (68spf)
4729 - 3rd (71spf)
This colt is from Roys' Washington sires contest and has run surprisingly well. Obviously not lighting it up for the contest, but has shown nice closing ability and may get that first win with a little more distance.

Promising Road(AUS) - (Redoute's Choice)
4666 - 7th (52spf)
4722 - 3rd (71spf)
This filly was a pretty expensive breeding (for my meager program anyway) and had a really poor debut. It was however on the slop, so I ran her back on a fast dirt track and she responded pretty well. Will be interested in more distance and will probably give her a turf try in the near future.

The Sound Outside(KY) - (Any Given Saturday)
4729 - 1st (70spf)
This colt is by one of my earliest homebreds and all-time favorite sim horses, Confusement. I really liked this cross for her and when Any Given Saturday was still available late on a Friday, I pulled the trigger. Nice front-running debut where he was never really challenged.
Last edited by Hobby on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
sledge4
Site Admin

Re: Josh's 2yo's

Post by sledge4 »

Glacial Ice has my all-time favorite horse as it's grandfather (Chief's Crown).
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Hobby
Journeyman

Post by Hobby »

Updated through week 4673
Rharfo
Journeyman

Post by Rharfo »

Some nice lineages Josh ... good to see some lesser used sires being put to the fore.

Had a look at Jeremy's and Will's lists and am in the process of listing mine ... as ordinary as they are :lol:

All the best with them Josh.
Elite Racing Stb
Journeyman

Post by Elite Racing Stb »

Glacial Ice(KY) looks great.....Should really really do well at 2 turns!!!!
Elitequine-Fleetwood-Eliteracng-Elitecavlo-Nyyankee-Keeprite-Jeter-Pinstripe
Hobby
Journeyman

Post by Hobby »

Thanks for the comments guys!

Updated through week 4701.
Hobby
Journeyman

Post by Hobby »

Updated through week 4757.