2013 2YO's - Lets See Em!

Share and discuss all aspects of the sim breeding and claiming game with fellow residents.
Hobby
Journeyman

2013 2YO's - Lets See Em!

Post by Hobby »

Hey guys, thought I'd try to spur a little action on the boards and one of my favorite things to read about are other folks' breeding efforts, as I sometimes learn things and sometimes just marvel at your successes. Anyway, I thought this thread could just be a spot for people to list new 2yo runners as they start their careers (particularly those who get off to promising starts). I don't have time now, but will pop back in soon to post a few of mine (I have a lot of babies this year, but not so many who actually run fast) :P
sledge4
Site Admin

Re: 2013 2YO's - Lets See Em!

Post by sledge4 »

I have yet to breed a new horse in the "new" version of the game. I guess it's time to take off the training wheels and give it a shot.

Will
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Kobras
Journeyman

Post by Kobras »

I LOVE the changes Mike made to the breeding aspect of the game. I have already bred 28 horses. In years past, I didn't even start thinking about breeding until April and wouldn't do the bulk of my breeding until summer. So far I have only raced 11 of my 2yos and only 2 of those have won.

American Tale 11400004309 is 2 for 2 and will make her next start in the G2 Vermont BB Juvenile Filly. Might as well see how good she is.

Saturday's Best 11400013866 This filly broke her maiden first start out and will face allowance company next.
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

My biggest problem is that when you mark a S/DS/DDS, those credits are essentially gone for a year. So my hesitation is that I will mark wrong horses or decided not to want to use them and then be screwed.

Am I missing or not understanding something?
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Kobras
Journeyman

Post by Kobras »

From my point of view, having the opportunity to bid/buy breeding shares and then breed a horse at any time within a year is what makes this so much better than the old system. In the past, I would sit down and look for what horses I would want to breed and try to guess how long to wait before submitting. Many times I would miss out on a sire that I wanted and then there were times when I wanted to do a scratch breeding, but couldn't get the combination that I wanted for a breeding.

With the new system, I can buy shares any time or better yet place a bid for a certain sire and not be logged in to the game when I get the bid for that sire. This also allows me to pick up S/DS/DDS at different times and put together the exact breeding that I want as opposed to possibly using a DS or DDS that I wasn't really excited about using.

Overall I feel that this new system gives me a lot more flexibility. If it weren't for this new system, I wouldn't have been as active breeding this early in the year. I currently have about 25 breeding shares and am excited about the shares that I have. I know not everyone likes the changes to the breeding, but I think it is great.
Hobby
Journeyman

Post by Hobby »

Good luck in Vermont with American Tale. Looks like a good one in the making.
Hobby
Journeyman

Post by Hobby »

I did a lot of early breeding this year and had less success than I'd like, but some of them are coming around and a few of the recent first-time runners look talented. My top five 2-year olds as of May 13th:

1. Laying Hat - (Symboli Kris S)

2. Moneygrabber - (Blame)

3. Lady Lamb - (Street Sense)

4. Throwing Dimes - (Pollard's Vision)

5. Sing It To Me - (Union Rags)
Kobras
Journeyman

Post by Kobras »

Thanks Hobby. I'm hoping she runs a big race.

You have some nice looking horses too.