Excited about the weekends Racing

Get the late breaking news in the NWRC. From site updates, to important messages. This is the place to stay up on all the news.
Dunnman
5 lb Apprentice

Excited about the weekends Racing

Post by Dunnman »

Hello All,

It is time for Magic Baby to make his debut. He is the first of the 2 breedings out of my best ever horse They Call Me Magic. I entered him for a stakes race at Ohio as it is one of our tracks!!!!!

I can't believe he has come up @ odds of 4/5 though.... Massive unders if you ask me

Chris
sledge4
Site Admin

Re: Excited about the weekends Racing

Post by sledge4 »

Hey Chris...unfortunately Ohio isn't one of our tracks. :oops:
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Dunnman
5 lb Apprentice

Post by Dunnman »

WELL DON"T I FEEL SILLY!!!!!

I don't know how i added that one to my list of tracks...mmmm.oh well too late to scratch now so will have to move him closer to home next start.

Chris :oops:
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

Goodluck regardless!!
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
lilbitfarm
Journeyman

Post by lilbitfarm »

Chris, I don't know if you noticed or not but there's a link to a list of the NWRC tracks on the homepage. I printed it out and have it right on my bulletin board.

The word must be out on Magic Baby!!!! ;) Best of luck with this nicely bred colt and his 3yo half sister. Rich
Dunnman
5 lb Apprentice

Post by Dunnman »

Thanks Will & Rich :D

HAHAHA... See what happens when you ask for breeding help on the main board... They come up at 4/5 ;)

The funny thing about it is, I set the 2 yo for next week so he would be ready for our 2yo race and the 3yo for this week but the 2yo came up sharp this week so i have to run him and the 3yo didn't come up yet.

Looking forward to see what type of horses i have there.

Chris 8-)
lilbitfarm
Journeyman

Post by lilbitfarm »

Chris, I realize that you're not a "newbie" in the game but just a note on the training of horses in the sim:

Anytime you have a horse that is scheduled such as "Magic" was that comes up Sharp the week before,(happens a lot with 2yo's) if you don't want to run him early just wait until the next week- the horse will remain Sharp.

On the other hand if you schedule a horse for this week and he comes up Ready to go, just change his training (before noon on sat) to the following week--- he will come up Sharp almost all the time. The only exception to this is a horse that you schedule for a long rest-maybe for 8 weeks--Hard to get them to come up Sharp after this long a break.

The hardest part of this for me is when a really "hot" horse comes up RTG on his scheduled date---sometimes I am soooooo tempted to run the horse anyway. However, after 11 years of playing I can tell you that it's worth it to wait a week. As far as I'm concerned the horse is telling you that he/she needs another week to be at top form. If you add one week to his original train for week the horse will almost always come up Sharp,(doesn't seem to work if you add more weeks) giving you a better chance to win a race.

oops, this is getting Roysian--hope you dont mind a couple of suggestions-which you probably know already. :lol: Rich
Hobby
Journeyman

Post by Hobby »

So this breeding brings up a question for me. I thought maybe I'd seen this before and most probably I should already know it, but when you use a mare for breeding is there a way to have both a 2 and 3 year old at the same time. I've always only done a 2-year old, thinking it was one or the other, but I've seen a number of these cases with two brand new unraced horses by the same mare.

If it is possible, as it appears, could someone tell me how you do it.

thanks,
Hobby
Dunnman
5 lb Apprentice

Post by Dunnman »

Thanks for the Tips Rich. I didn't know the one with the 2yo's.

I often do what you said with older horses and agree that they almost always come up sharp.

I never mind anyone giving me pointers as there is always something to learn.

I am starting to get more ruthless with my horses now as well... Before i just held on to them for years but from now on if they aren't performing then they will be sold or retired.
Dunnman
5 lb Apprentice

Post by Dunnman »

Hobby,

You can breed a 3yo first and then a week later a 2yo with any retired mare.

Chris