First show of the year today!!!

Discuss events not related to the NWRC.
Roys
Journeyman

Re: First show of the year today!!!

Post by Roys »

Wow! Great job! You must be so proud! That is just sooooooooo super - sorry it took so long for me to see this post. I wish we didn't have to have so many boards - news like this should be right up on the main board as it gets lost down here.
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Thanks so much! Get this - tomorrow night I am driving one of my trainer's minis in a race! On a real racetrack (Hanover Raceway) in between the harness races, with a mobile starting gate, live crowd, the real deal.....we aren't expecting much seeing as both the horse and driver are making their debuts and my main goal will be to get around safely. However, if we are close at the top of the stretch, well, I gotta have a go, don't I :D
lilbitfarm
Journeyman

Post by lilbitfarm »

Ok, now this I want to see the race replay!!! Best of luck!!!! Rich :D
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Thanks, Rich...I am going to try to get my wife to tape it then post it on Youtube...if all goes well I will post the link.
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Well...we came off the gate cleanly and left outta there 3rd. Coming around the last turn we were racing a close 4th so I came off the rail and swung 4-wide with designs on passing them all. Unfortunately, the 3 infront of me broke stride and cantered most of the way home. I kept my horse, Manny, trotting like I ws supposed to and finished a clear 4th, beating 4 horses. The winner was DQ'ed to 2nd, but the rest of the results stood. I cannot describe what an absolute RUSH it was being behind the starting gate and having it swing open and you are racing...on an actual track with a live crowd! It was so cool, I so want to do it again 8-)
Roys
Journeyman

Post by Roys »

Sounds like you are HOOKED!!!!!
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Am so! I don't know if any of you are on Facebook, but if you are, you can see pictures by "friending" me. My full name is Garnet Barnsdale. We have some video footage of the "race"...but haven't had the chance to post it yet...when we do I will post a link. :D
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Results from the Drayton show last weekend:

Duke: Champion Junior Gelding, Champion 2YO Gelding
Fleur: Reserve Champion Senior Mare
Fleur and I also finished 2nd in the Amateur driving class which is a HUGE step forward for me considering the people that finished behind me have been doing this for years and most likely practice more than the once/week that I do. :D

Up next: Canadian Classic show this Saturday.
One month to Nationals! :D
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

Nice job!!
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Well, Duke and Fleur continue to pile up Junior and Senior Champion wins, and Fleur has got Reserve GRAND Champion 3 times, The big news, however, is that I got a driving win with Fleur!
At the recent Hanover show, she and I defeated 6 other more experienced horses and drivers. She really is a fantastic driving horse in only her 1st year in driving competition.

2 weeks to the NATIONALS in Tulsa! I will post a live video link and approximate show times for us if any of you are interested :D