First show of the year today!!!

Discuss events not related to the NWRC.
gocashbaby
Journeyman

First show of the year today!!!

Post by gocashbaby »

Our miniature horses have made a trek from Toronto to Indiana with my wife for our first show of the year which runs today and tomorrow. Wish Duke and Patty luck! :)
tracy
Site Admin

Re: First show of the year today!!!

Post by tracy »

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes :)
Ron
Journeyman

Post by Ron »

Go get them ....Duke and Patty... 8-)
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Patty was re-named "Fleur"...it's a bit of a long story...but here goes...Last summer an "animal communicator" came by the farm and my wife insisted we do Duke and Patty. One of the things Patty "said" was that she wanted a new name that had something to do with a flower- thus the new name, which actaully suits her.

Fleur absolutely shone today, in halter, both judges placed her first and she took Senior champion Mare. She also placed first and second in Solid Color class. Then, in her VERY FIRST driving competition she finished 2nd in both Open Pleasure and Open Pleasure Stake!!! My wife will have a smile on her face for days if not weeks!

My little Dukie didn't do as well, but he didn't grow or mature much over the winter which will not help him this season. He did take four 4ths and 2 thirds, however, which isn't terrible and still earns him valuable points for year-end awards.

I will report Sunday's results tomorrow night:)
Roys
Journeyman

Post by Roys »

What fun! I love hearing your news! Congratulations!
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

More good news: Fleur took Senior Mare Champion again Sunday and a first and two 2nds in Colour class as well as two 2nds driving. Dukie didn't do as well, but got a bunch of 2nds, 3rds and 4ths. Not bad for the first show of 2010! :D
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

Nice job!!
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

Thanks!
lilbitfarm
Journeyman

Post by lilbitfarm »

I'm glad I found this post--I enjoyed hearing of you adventures on the show circuit last year :D Looks like you are off to a great start this year, especially with Fleur-- who must like her new name. ;) Please keep us posted on all the news!! Thanks, Rich
gocashbaby
Journeyman

Post by gocashbaby »

:D National Area 2 Show results: FLEUR (Patty): Reserve Grand Champion Mare; Senior Champion Mare, 5 Firsts including "Gentlemen's Driving" with me at the lines; Placed in every class

DUKE : Junior Champion Gelding; 1st - 2YO Gelding; 2 thirds, a 4th, a 6th (vs. his elders); placed in every class :D