Cavalcade Cup

Get the late breaking news in the NWRC. From site updates, to important messages. This is the place to stay up on all the news.

Run Cavalcade Cup again?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

sledge4
Site Admin

Cavalcade Cup

Post by sledge4 »

Some interest recently in resurrecting the Cavalcade Cup, which is the NWRC's version the Breeder's Bowl/Cup.

I reactivated the forum for this in the Contests section for anyone who needs a refresher and/or any new members since we last ran.

Will
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
terrel
Journeyman

Re: Cavalcade Cup

Post by terrel »

how about a short card...

2yo open dirt 8.5
2yo filly dirt 8.5
2yo open turf 8.5
3yo+ open dirt 10f classic
3yo+ open dirt 6f
3yo+ open turf 6f
3yo+ open dirt 8f
3yo+ open turf 8f

And maybe 3yo+ open turf 12f....

How much would a 8 race card be?......like i said,,you can keep my 500 credits from the belmont contest and put it towards the cavalcade cup and ill add whatever i can to that...
Roys
Journeyman

Post by Roys »

I would shorten it more than that - we just don't have the residents. look back at the last one and see what filled.

2yo open dirt 8f
2yo open turf 8f
3yo+ open dirt 10f classic
3yo+ open turf 6f
3yo+ open dirt 8f
marathon - open turf 12f....
Kobras
Journeyman

Post by Kobras »

I have a suggestion. How about listing all of the probable races now and have everyone enter their horses for the races now so that we know which races to have? Give everyone a month or two to enter and at that point any race that would have say fewer than 8 horses we don't run. Obviously, things happen and there may be a couple of horses that may not run in the Cup race that it is entered for, but at least we will know which races are worth having. Otherwise we will just be guessing what races will draw enough interest.

I think this would give enough time to plan on how many races will be needed and which ones. I will also contribute 1000 credits towards the Cavalcade Cup.
Blackace
Journeyman

Post by Blackace »

I like your card Roys, but if the Marathon is 16.00f, I can gurantee an entry. But otherwise, I don't think a lot of people are interested, so I think that a small of a card as possible is a good idea. Ex.

2yo 6.00f Sprint.
3yo+ 8.00f Open Turf
3yo+ 8.00f Open
3yo+ 10.00f Classic
3yo+ 11.50f Distaff (?)
3yo+ 16.00f Marathon (I will definitely enter this race)
(And maybe 2yo 6.00f Turf Sprint)
(And maybe a F&M race?)
Anyone agree?
Also, I will donate 400 cred to running the cup, if you ask.
Ron
Journeyman

Post by Ron »

Hi: Will and all residentcy members :?: :?:

Buy the looks of the poll we only have six members if we count you that show interest for the Cavalcade Cup...until we can get more recidentcy interest in the contests that we run at this time I thinks it is a waist of your time and effort along with a costly amount of credits.

Until we can show you that we have a dozen or more active players on a weekly bases that are entering into the contests that we run at this time I would put the Cavalcade Cup on the back burnner for now...

I would like to say to all NWRC Members where the HELL are you :?: :?:
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

8 races would be about 6600 credits.

Ron, I agree with your thoughts about the number of participants, but this could also be a thing that brings some residents back.

I think with a reduced schedule it may be worthwhile. I don't like holding things back because of the activity, so if we have 6 interested, then I would bet by November we could get it higher.

Will
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

Everyone take a look at my proposed 8 races and let me know your thoughts.

The cost of this is 6600 credits. However, it will make financial sense to run 9 or 10 races as there is a bigger discount available as you can see by the listings below.

7 races = 6,475
8 races = 6,600 (proposed #)
9 races = 6,525
10 races = 6,250 (cheaper to buy 10 than 8)
11 races = 6,875

Proposed

• Juvenile / All horses, 2 years old / A mile and one sixteenth on the Dirt
• Juvenile Filly / Fillies and mares, 2 years old / A mile and one sixteenth on the Dirt
• Classic / All horses, 3 years old and up / A mile and one quarter on the Dirt
• Distaff / Fillies and mares, 3 years old and up / A mile and one eighth on the Dirt
• Sprint / All horses, 3 years old and up / Six furlongs on the Dirt
• Distaff Sprint / Fillies and mares, 3 years old and up / Six furlongs on the Dirt
• Dirt Mile / All horses, 3 years old and up / One mile on the Dirt
• Turf Mile / All horses, 3 years old and up / One mile on the Turf

Not-carded, but possible depending on interest...

• Turf / All horses, 3 years old and up / A mile and one half on the Turf
• Turf Distaff / Fillies and mares, 3 years old and up / A mile and three eighths on the Turf
• Juvenile Turf / All horses, 2 years old / A mile and one sixteenth on the Turf
• Juvenile Turf Filly / Fillies and mares, 2 years old / A mile and one sixteenth on the Turf
• Turf Sprint / All horses, 3 years old and up / Six furlongs on the Turf
• Marathon / All horses, 3 years old and up / A mile and one half on the Dirt
Blackace
Journeyman

Post by Blackace »

Well, if it is cheaper to buy 10 than 8, I would like to see a Marathon (16f) in there, because I can guarantee 1 entry. And if someone else can find one more race, we'd be good. Also, tell me who to send it to, and I will show some 'support'.
Ron
Journeyman

Post by Ron »

Hi: All

I would like to see a Dirt Mile for 3yo's Only...If this would fit in with the ten race package. I will also support the cause...

But most of all I wouls like to see more member participation...

Ron :)