My Shoddy Crop

Share and discuss all aspects of the sim breeding and claiming game with fellow residents.
Rharfo
Journeyman

My Shoddy Crop

Post by Rharfo »

Have been going through the message board and found Will, Hobby and Jer's 2yo breeding pages ... decided to post mine in a new thread and then found I had so few to write home about, let alone share with my NWRC crew :lol: :cry: :x :oops: :o :shock: :? :twisted: :roll: ( not sure what emoticon to use here laugh, cry, angry, blushing, shock horror ....so you can take your pick!!!)

But for what it's worth, here is a splattering of my fodder ... (in order I stumbled across them)

BECCA'S DANCER(KY) - roscoe5 - MR. GREELEY x AKAABER x A.P. INDY .. Bred early in breeding year and was hoping for something special ...DENIED!!! ... currently in LAY OFF!!! ... might return to turf when fit.

CARSON'S CROP(OK) - rharfo2004 - STAR OF THE CROP x LORD CARSON x TEMPERENCE HILL .. Did ok in debut event (and won me 100 credits from our weekly longshot contest..hehehe) Hopefully will develop into something better than average, 73sp on debut has me interested though!

MY BELIEF IN BEEF(FL) - rharfo2004 - COWTOWN CAT x FORTY NINER x BROAD BRUSH .. Another with a handy debut, without setting the world alight. Have a few Cowtown Cat offspring that are doing ok. Might know more after next start.

STEREOGRAM(KY) - roscoe6 - DIXIE UNION x SKY MESA x GLITTERMAN .. one of my better 2yo's housed here at the NWRC. Won a NWRC event, only to fail at stakes next time out, but was on a quick back up for an NWRC contest. Back to winning form over the mile with a tidy SP# of 83. Looks like this colt will excel over longer still!

HAYLEY'S LAW(IRE) - simroscoe4 - LAWMAN x MONTJEU (IRE) x NUREYEV .. failed in debut NWRC event, but improved vastly on the turf. After MSW win had high hopes for this colt, but did not make the necessary jump in speed in allowance grade to inspire me too much :?

NO MOTIVATION(IRE) - simroscoe8 - DALAKHANI (IRE) x MOTIVATOR (GB) x DANEHILL .. Probably my best 2yo at the NWRC, and looks to get better and better as I stretch him out. Bet the fore mentioned Hayley's Law and a well bred Lenny (aka Evil Empire) colt last time out with a pretty tidy SP# of 85, and was moving away from his race day rivals. Looking at stakes next time out, maybe over 9 furlongs. High hopes for this colt for sure!

SMARTEST COW ROUND(FL) - manoeuvres - COWTOWN CAT x SMARTY JONES x CHESTER HOUSE .. Another of my Cowtown Cat colts, whose debut win was not too shabby. But again was let down went stepping up to allowance level despite the slightest improvement in speed. Maybe destined for the shorter sprint events and has a few options to play with ie. closing or turf.

SERIOUS SPARKS(IND) - wish4win - NOVERRE (IRE) x BELONG TO ME x SADLER'S WELLS .. Okay on debut posting a SP# of 71 in a close up 3rd over 8 furlongs. Will hopefully know more after this filly's next start.

CATTOWN COW(FL) - best2run - COWTOWN CAT x MALIBU MOON x GOLD TRIBUTE .. Debuting soon!!!

TUNA OR CHUNA(KY) - inzamam - STREET HERO x BWANA CHARLIE x ROBYN DANCER .. Love these sort of sim ponies... bred from nothing, but might be okay on the track!!! Debut was good even though beaten posting an SP# of 79. Disappointed next time out dropping 10 speed points when adding just an extra 1/2 furlong. Another who has race day options aplenty!!!

Well, that is about my lot, to date ... a couple that could be the goods in the higher levels, a few that might be competitive at over night stakes or allowance ... and many on which the jury is still out!!

Look forward to posting any improvements or new ones that stumble into my collection of barns here at the NWRC.

Rharfo
Hobby
Journeyman

Re: My Shoddy Crop

Post by Hobby »

Don't look that Shoddy to me, but maybe that's cause I'm comparing them to what I've got. ;)

Both Stereogram and No Motivation look impressive as routers. Will be interesting to see them develop.