Josh's Top 3's

Share and discuss all aspects of the sim breeding and claiming game with fellow residents.
Hobby
Journeyman

Josh's Top 3's

Post by Hobby »

I decided to try a new way to talk about some of my young horses. The plan is to list (and update every so often) the horses I think are my top 3 two-year olds and my top 3 three-year olds. Once they are older than that, they no longer belong in the breeding forum (and they will probably have proven to stink by then as well :P ).

Changes and new information in Blue.

I will only list horses I have bred.

Top 3-year olds:

Looks Like Gold(JPN) - (Fuji Kiseki)
11 races (4-4-2 / $126,000 / 1 SW + GP). Recently ran 2nd in a grade 2 with a career best 102spf. This colt is by an under-utilized sire who I have had some nice success with. He did most of his damage in turf sprints last year, but is bred to go longer. After a break, I tried him on the dirt and he liked it enough that he posted a 99spf at 8.5 furlongs. This guy has never finished out of the money and seems to really battle every time out. Certainly a stakes horse and maybe one that can compete against graded company.

Instant Offense(JPN) - (Fuji Kiseki)
8 races (3-2-2 / $102,000 / GP). She hung tough to take third in the 12f New Zealand Oaks, but found the competition a bit overwhelming in the G1 Sydney Oaks. I suspect her best distance is more like 10f, so that's what she'll try next time out. Another Fuji showing some real talent. She ran a strong 95spf in her last race at 8.5f on turf and I think she wants more distance.

Glacial Ice(KY) - (Fusaichi Pegasus)
10 races (3-3-1 / $115,000 / SW + GP). This horse seems to be at a crossroads. He has some talent, but needs to continue getting better to avoid becoming a long-term allowance level runner. We'll see. This colt seems to prefer the grass, though he will probably try the dirt again at some point. This colt had a couple poor efforts late in the year, but came back with a 94spf after a break and will hopefully improve further as the year goes on.

Top 2-year olds:

Very premature here, but I'll throw out a few guesses about which of my early-season 2-year olds will impress.

Spread Option(KY) - (Curlin)
1 race (0-0-1 / $2000). Ran a 73spf without being sharp in his debut. Did nothing in that first outing to make me think less of him. I really like this pedigree with A.P. Indy and Danzig on the back end.

Spin It Up(KY) - (Majestic Warrior)
1 race (1-0-0 / $16,000). Ran a beauty of a race in his debut. Looking forward to seeing where he goes from here. Another colt from a mare which has produced for me before. Will be fun to see if he can match his siblings' abilities.

No Not Really(KY) - (Gio Ponti)
1 race (1-0-0 / $16,000). This colt is out of freshman sire Gio Ponti (who I think has bigtime potential). He wired the field in his debut, so we'll see what happens as the competition improves.
Last edited by Hobby on Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
sledge4
Site Admin

Re: Josh's Top 3's

Post by sledge4 »

Thanks for the updates Josh.

I will do the same thing soon as well.
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Hobby
Journeyman

Re: Josh's Top 3's

Post by Hobby »

Updated as of week 4974