Cavalcade Cup

Get the late breaking news in the NWRC. From site updates, to important messages. This is the place to stay up on all the news.

Run Cavalcade Cup again?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

terrel
Journeyman

Re: Cavalcade Cup

Post by terrel »

Well if 10 races are cheaper then 10 it is.....like i said,,Will,,the 500 credits that i won in the belmont/new yorker contest,,you can keep them and ill add 500 more credits to the pot....so thats 1000 credits in and only 5250 left on the table....

I think we can get atleast a 10 horse field in every race because we have residents that dont post but will participate in the races...and if not,,you can open it up to 2 horses per resident if the races are not full at a certain time.........i dont care if we have a 20 horse field,,i just want to see a full/competitive race...

2YO,,All horses,,,,turf,,one mile and one sixteenth or 3yo and up,, all horses,,,6f turf,,,,race would be good to add....
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

Is this worth running with 4 active resident?

Will
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Elite Racing Stb
Journeyman

Post by Elite Racing Stb »

I'd enter in the Cav Cup if we had a few races
Elitequine-Fleetwood-Eliteracng-Elitecavlo-Nyyankee-Keeprite-Jeter-Pinstripe
Kobras
Journeyman

Post by Kobras »

I am very disappointed that it appears there won't be a Cavalcade Cup again this year. The Cavalcade Cup was always a lot of fun. It gives everyone with good horses, but not nearly good enough to compete in the Breeder's Bowl, a chance to complete on Breeder's Bowl day. It builds friendly competition within the residency and when we used to watch the races in the chatroom ( sooo long ago) we would have a blast.

It is a shame that we have so many residents that don't want to do anything. Granted people get busy with everyday life and have periods where they aren't as active here. I do too at times. I just can't understand people not wanting to participate in contests that have always been a big part of the NWRC. And in the case of the Cavalcade Cup it is one day of races. It isn't something that is spread out over several weeks.

It would be very interesting to hear feedback from each and every resident why they belong to a residency, but yet rarely if ever participate in any contests. It has been a very sad year for the NWRC. First, no NWRC Triple Crown and now, presumably, no Cavalcade Cup.

Chris
sledge4
Site Admin

Post by sledge4 »

It's too late for this year at this point to put the races together, unless we ran it later in the year. But I am on a mission to make it occur next year.

Will
NWRC Stables: sledge4 | wbrv | camry | rycamkel
Dunnman
5 lb Apprentice

Post by Dunnman »

Hi Will,

What about mid to late december??? Just before our horses birthday and then we run it in November or whenever next year???

I am happy to punch out a few BTB articles and get 1,000 credit's for the cause!!!

I totally agree that it may bring people back however even if it doesn't at least it will reward the people who are still here!!!

Cheers,

Chris